Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Carpe Diem Preview #3


Dear Haijin, visitors and travellers,

Today I was very busy to create the new prompt list for November 2012. It was again a struggle, but also a joy to conclude this new prompt list already. In this preview I love to share some of the new prompts.

As a reaction on Kaykuala's post for today's prompt 'rainbow' I have chosen to insert a week in November with prompts about rainbow and the colors of the rainbow. I think that week will be as colorful as the rainbow.
Earlier today I was on You Tube searching for some nice music vid's to use in my new posts. I ran into a video by Loreena McKennitt, a Irish singer, titled 'Mummer's Dance. A wonderful song. I didn't know what a Mummer's Dance was, so I searched the Internet. I found really interesting information which I will use in one of the new prompt for November 'Mummer's Dance'. Here below I will share this video.



As I did in October ... I also will include a few Carpe Diem special prompts. This month this 'specials' are haiku written by Kobayashi Issa, for short 'Issa'. Issa was born in 1763 and died in 1827. He's known for his childlike candor in his haiku. He also was a 'broken' man during his lifetime. He lost several children at young ages. And he was a Buddhist priest of the Jodo Shinshu sect. His 'nom de plume' Issa means 'cup of tea'. I will tell you more about Issa when the first Carpe Diem Special will be on.

Source: Kobayashi Issa (1763-1827)

He's one of the four great haiku masters (Basho, Issa, Buson and Shiki). One of his haiku is really nice. (As they all are by the way).

trusting the Buddha, good and bad,
I bid farewell   
to the departing year

I have to write a haiku inspired on this one, sorry (smiles)

at the end of the year

I bow my head in silent devotion -
a welcome prayer

For closure ... I have included in the new list of prompts the 'Full Beaver Moon', this is the name of the November full moon, which will occur on November 28th (in my region of the world).

Well ... this was a new Carpe Diem Preview. I hope to see you all in the coming days of October. And I hope to see you every day in November. I will post the new prompt list around October 30th.

Have a good week, enjoy writing your haiku, be inspired and please ... if you post a haiku for Carpe Diem ... leave a comment.

mailto: Chèvrefeuille
Shalom

1 comment:

  1. I've been following you for a couple of weeks now and have decided to become more active and participate (after Nov. 7th). I'm in retreat now but will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete