Saturday, October 13, 2012

Carpe Diem, #14 spices


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's amazing that we are half way the first month of Carpe Diem. It's a wonder. Every day I see wonderful posts on the given prompts ... and what about the Specials? I thought that the Specials would be difficult to write a haiku about, but no ... you all have written such wonderful haiku. I am glad to read the haiku and it's a joy to host this daily haiku meme. I am so humble ... so I wish to thank you all for participating in Carpe Diem.

for participating in Carpe Diem, seize the day
OK! Back to today's Carpe Diem. Today the prompt is spices. I can remember that during the September Heights we had a prompt on pepper. Here is my September Heights Pepper for your inspiration maybe.
Spices are not only peppers by the way, but also e.g. garlic, saffron, massala and cinnamon. So this prompt has a broad range.



Looks wonderful this picture with all those different colors of spices. Let my haiku and the picture be your source of inspiration and write a haiku (classical or non-classical) about spices or a reference to spices. Enjoy the fun and be inspired.

My haiku on spices:

at the bazaar
perfume of thousand spices
overwhelms me

overwhelms me
all those different colors of spices
at the bazaar


This prompt will stay on 'till October 15th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will publish the new prompt today around 10.00 PM (CET). Our new prompt will be Chrysanthemum (a real Autumn flower)

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Kristjaan!! I can even smell the spices here. I remember, when I was a child, I used to go to the market with my Baba(father), and I intentionally lingered on the Spice-shops as I liked the smell of cardamoms sold there. This prompt surely helped me to recollect those beautiful days. I enjoyed reading this Haiku. Well done, keep writing.

    ~Sayantini Bhattacharya
    another part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfumed cascade haiku, colourful and spicy.
    I love oriental bazaars.
    Thanks for sharing and hosting, Kristjaan.
    :)

    ReplyDelete